Friday, March 25, 2011

Coffee Date Dress from Burdastyle.com

Before looking at the sizing difference between Burdastyle.com and standard US sizing, I had already finished this dress. But that's ok, I have found it a good home.

I left off the ruffle in the regular pattern, as I thought it would be more versatile without it. It's simple and I was able to finish it in a few hours, but still very cute. As it turned out to be too small for me I obviously couldn't take a picture with it on.
Top 

Full Dress

Bottom

2 comments:

  1. Great color! What fun to be making all these clothes. Where do you get your fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one out of a "grab bag" at the local thrift store which had a lot of great fabrics in it for $2. :) the downside to "grab bags" is that if you want one thing that is in the bag, you have to get the whole thing, and you can't pick your yardage. However, I have gotten many of these and one I got probably 20 yards of a plain white knit, and another one had 3 pieces of 10 yards of the blue fabric that I used to make my first dress. I also check out clearance tables at JoAnn's and Hancock fabrics. However the cheapest fabric store I have ever found (besides thrift stores) is this hole in the wall shop down the street from my house. They have these huge rolls of fabric and is like $2-4 a yard. The downside of this shop though, is that they don't really have any cotton fabrics. This Indian family owns it (who are very sweet) and they have mostly silky types and fabrics for traditional, formal Hindu attire. Love them though :)

    ReplyDelete